Allison

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Benjamin

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 26, 2011

What we have been up to...

Hello, I'm back!!  I know that I haven't kept up with this blog the last month and a half and I promise I will try to do better about getting some pictures on here weekly so that all our frends and family can see how much Ben and Alli are growing!!

It has been such a fun time in the Payne household!!  We are enjoying Ben so much!!!  Alli wishes she could hold him more... but when she does she wants to squeeze him like she does her baby dolls or points out his eyes, nose and mouth.  So most of my day is spent playing defense so that Alli doesn't poke Ben in the eye or throw a book at his head! She always trys to give him toys to play with! She will also try to give him some of her milk or juice from her sippy cup! I dont have a picture of this but it is the cutest sweetest thing to see her want to make him happy!  Alli also wakes up in the morning saying "Buh-Buh" (thats what she calls Ben).  So now when we get downstairs, we say hi to Buh-Buh and Puppy!! 

Ben is a wonderful baby!!  He sleeps, eats and poops!!  He is starting to be more awake and alert during the day and when Alli sees his eyes open she yells "BUH-BUH!" with a big smile on her face!  I think Ben might have a minor case of reflux.  This is a new thing to me.  He doesn't throw up a bunch but he will make a swallowing sound and fuss like he is in pain after he eats and when he is laying flat on his back.  This is getting better and from what I have been told they just grow out of it, so hopefully that will be coming soon!  Most nights Ben will have a 4 hour stretch that he sleeps and then want to be fed and he goes back to sleep so thats nice for me! I am still holding him to sleep!  Yes, I did it with Allison for the first 3 months so I just might do it with Ben that long too!! 

I am going to post three weeks of pictures, so be warned...Extreme amount of pictures ahead!!


Deep Thoughts by Benjamin Payne

My Aunt Di came in town to go to the Super Bowl with my mom. We wont talk about the super bowl :-( but it was great to see Aunt Di!!!

Ben sleeping

Alli ready to play in the snow!

Making snow balls with Daddy!

Ben and I went out for about 30 seconds!

Alli thinking about it...

Yep, she did it! She loved the snow!

She didn't want to come inside

The house with all the snow!! I love winter!

We had hot cocoa to warm us up!!

Ben in his snow suit!

Ben hanging out with Dora!

Alli giving Ben hugs!

Aunt Di with Ben!

Alli and Grampy cheering on the Steelers! It didnt help. :-(

Aunt Donna and Uncle Jack came down for the game too! It was so nice to see them! Uncle Jack looked Ben over and he gave his all clear! (Uncle Jack is a pedritrican)

With everyone in town we were really busy, so Alli didnt take her normal nap.  Instead she fell asleep in her highchair!

The green carebear is Ben's.  Alli is just playing with it until Ben is old enough!

I love the way they are looking at each other!

Alli is always trying to hug Ben!

 
I love this picture because Alli knows she did something to make him cry! If I lay a blanket down for Ben to do tummy time...Alli is laying on it before I can even put Ben down!


"What are you looking at?"

Our sweet boy!

My cousin Heather and her boyfriend came in for the weekend so we made a fire and hung out at my parents to catch up!

Cousins David, Andy and Callie kept busy with putting tree limbs in the pool!

Our sweet girl!

What a heart throb!

Alli loved having Heather and Brian stay with us! We did too!!

This was a very rare sight in Alli's first 13 months.  Now that shes acting like a 2 year old and has a little jealousy, we see this a little more often.  She is still the sweetest little girl!!! The fits don't last very long! 

Happy Valentine's day!

Happy one month birthday Ben!

Daddy with his little Valentine!

Ben at his one month check up.
Weight 10lbs 3. ozs - 56%
Height 22in- 58%
Head 15 1/8- 49%

This is whats its like to try and get a picture of the two of them!

a little better!

These next pictures are comparing Alli and Ben around the same age.  They kind of look alike but not as much as when they were first born!

Ben - Allison is the picture below.  Don't they look alike? (I'm pushing his ears out)

Allison

Ben sleeping with his hands up

Allison sleeping when she was a baby

 
Doesn't he look like he is thinking, "What can I get into"?

Alli and Ben playing on his mat...  well, really it was Alli's and I think she missed it!

Someone's having a good dream!

Scott was out of town this past weekend so Uncle Jim came over and stayed with us at night.  Alli loves her Uncle Jim!

On Saturday we went to the park! Alli giving Jim some rocks!


Look at that smile!!

Ben hung out in the sling with mom at the park.

On Sunday, Buddy turned 5 years old!!  I can't believe it! So we had a party for him!

Alli in her party hat!

Buddy took his hat off... but he did blow out his candle!

Ben likes his pacifier! This is a new thing for us because Alli never really took one.

UNTIL NOW! Now she takes Ben's and then runs away from us.

On Monday, we went to the park with Daddy!

Alli loves the slide!

and playing "I'm going to get you" with Dad!

Ben hung out in the sling again!

This is the end of him smiling at me.  He has only done it twice and only to me!!

Can you see that?  It's a hickey on Bens arm.  He sucks on his arm like Alli did and well, he gave himself a hicky!

Have a great week!!

1 comment:

kristen said...

so so sweet!! yall are the cutest family!